Top Foods That Help Lose Weight
There are many foods that help lose weight, especially in combination with regular exercise. Many of these foods can have the added benefit of curbing appetite and some have special qualities like preventing book sugar from spiking.
- Beans – They possess a natural appetite suppressant. It is a digestive hormone known as cholecystokinin. The high fiber in beans helps keep cholesterol low, while some evidence has also shown beans can assist in stabilizing blood sugar
- Green Tea – A popular metabolism booster that may help speed up fat burning and suppress the appetite. Loaded with antioxidants.
- Cinnamon – Helps to stave off those sugar cravings. Department of agriculture research shows cinnamon can help control post-meal insulin spikes.
- Hot Red Pepper – Contains capsaicin which may help suppress appetite. A Japanese study shows weight loss in women who ate red pepper every morning as part of their breakfast.
- High Fiber Cereal – Assists in weight loss by helping to curb appetite. Tiara Cameron recommends daily!
- Salad – It looks like a big portion but you are consuming less calories (if you watch your dressing). A Penn State University study showed women who ate a large low calorie salad consumes 12% less pasta afterward even though they were offered as much as they wanted.
- Eggs – Packed with low calorie protein, you will feel satiated for longer after eating them. It takes your body longer to break down protein than carbohydrates. Studies show protein prevents helps prevent blood sugar spikes which can lead to food cravings.
- Nuts – Nuts contain protein and studies show people who eat them as snacks tend to be thinner than those who don’t. Extra bonus, researchers at Loma Linda University found eating 10-20 whole pecans per day reduces risk of heart disease.
|Don’t starve to get skinny||Top Protein Supplements||Facts About Egg Whites|
Eating Healthy To Lose Weight
Ever tried eating melons to lose weight? Melons along with grapefruit are very filling and grapefruit is one of the few “calorie negative foods” that actually requires more calories expended from your body to break it down than it gives you. Celery is another calorie negative food and is a great option for a snack any time of the day.
To eat healthy you don’t need a personal chef or time-consuming meal preparation where you carry around all your meals in Tupperware containers. Healthy eating starts with small choices, choosing lower calorie, lower fat, lower sodium options.
The key for my personal weight loss and the tool I have used to help women all over the world lose weight and keep it off is increasing protein consumption to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. I round up and con sue at least 150 grams of protein per day. The easiest and lowest calories way I have four to accomplish this is supplementing with Whey Protein Powder. I prefer low calorie, no carb, great tasting protein like Tiara Protein Powder.
Nutrient timing is important too
Studies show that those who eating and snack on healthy foods throughout the day are able to control their body fat better than those who go long periods of time without eating. Hours without eating causes a drop in blood sugar and amino acid levels, and can put your body in “starvation mode” which trains it to hold on and store fat and water.
For faster weight loss results, make sure that as you tweak your diet and add more foods that help lose weight, you also tweak your exercise plan to include a higher intensity of exercises as well.