Tiara’s Tip of the Week
- When you get a sugar craving or want dessert, trying eating a bowl of high fiber cereal such as Raisin Bran or try some Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries. Takes away the craving and is good for you!
- Smile twice as much today, even when you are by yourself in the car…it will make a difference in how you feel all day!
- Try to use Pam butter flavored cooking spray instead of butter when cooking. On toast use “I can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray.
- When you are working out push yourself to do one more rep than you think you are able too. That extra push will make a difference in your fitness results!
- Eat an entre grapefruit today. Not only are they yummy, they are a “calorie deficit” food, meaning they take more calories to burn than they give you.
- Try to eat most of your calories for today before 3pm. Your body stores extra calories you intake at the end of the day that you don’t burn.
- Stretch for 15 minutes before bed tonight. You will feel fantastic and sleep better!
- Eat celery today. Its yummy and it’s a “calorie deficit food”, meaning it takes more calories to burn it than it gives you.
- Have a protein drink before bed. It will help your muscles repair themselves overnight.
- Put your scale away – only weigh yourself once a month. The scale is not an accurate measurement of your fitness or the lean muscle you are building. Weighing yourself becomes a distraction and a psychological downer. Your jeans will give you a better indication of progress…as well as the way you feel.
- Write down a new workout to do at the gym or at home. Change it up. Then take the paper with you and follow it. Your body needs variety in its workouts.
- Write down on a small paper how many grams of protein you intake every day this week to track whether you are getting enough. I recommens 1 gram per pound of body weight, per day.